- Mr Bloom's Nursery - Live
- 22nd Apr 2017 - 23rd Apr 2017
- An Audience With Martin Kemp
- 28th Apr 2017
- Money For Nothing
- 29th Apr 2017
- Sounds Of The Glenn Miller Era
- 30th Apr 2017
- Gerry Cross The Mersey
- 4th May 2017
- The Stones
- 6th May 2017
- Vox Fortura
- 8th May 2017
- King Of Pop
- 9th May 2017
- Magic Of The Beatles
- 12th May 2017
- Down At The Diner
- 13th May 2017
- The Fureys
- 14th May 2017
- Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom
- 17th May 2017 - 18th May 2017
- Forbidden Nights
- 19th May 2017
- The Carpenters Story
- 20th May 2017
- A Decade Of Dreams
- 21st May 2017
- Brian Poole & The Tremeloes
- 26th May 2017
- Supersonic 70's
- 27th May 2017
- Dominic Kirwan
- 1st Jun 2017
- Back To Bacharach
- 2nd Jun 2017
- The All Star Stand Up Tour 2017
- 3rd Jun 2017
- Reach Out To Motown
- 9th Jun 2017
- A Country Night In Nashville
- 10th Jun 2017
- Mister Maker
- 11th Jun 2017
- OddSocks Romeo and Juliet
- 13th Jun 2017
- Someone Like You - The Adele Songbook
- 16th Jun 2017
- Bye Bye Baby
- 17th Jun 2017
- The Roy Orbison Story
- 22nd Jun 2017
- And Finally . . Phil Collins
- 23rd Jun 2017
- Richard and Adam
- 24th Jun 2017
- Joe Longthorne
- 25th Jun 2017
- Nadines Dance Company
- 26th Jun 2017 - 30th Jun 2017
- The Rat Pack Vegas Spectacular
- 1st Jul 2017
- The First Hippo On The Moon
- 12th Jul 2017 - 13th Jul 2017
- The Tiger Who Came To Tea
- 17th Sep 2017 - 18th Sep 2017
- The Dreamboys
- 19th Sep 2017
- Rule The World
- 23rd Sep 2017
- Formerly Of Bucks Fizz
- 28th Sep 2017
- Bay City Rollers
- 20th Oct 2017 - 21st Oct 2017
- Dick & Dom Live
- 22nd Oct 2017
- GOK WAN
- 1st Nov 2017
- Some Guys Have All The Luck
- 3rd Nov 2017
- The Summer Of Love
- 25th Nov 2017
- 2nd Dec 2017 - 7th Jan 2018
- 80's Mania At Christmas
- 15th Dec 2017 - 16th Dec 2017
Whilst the focus of the school is primarily towards drama in theatre, we recognise the value of skills in voice and movement. To this end, our typical session will last for 2 hours from 4.30pm until 6.30pm.
The sessions will be primarily drama based but will include singing and dance on a periodic basis.
Lessons are taken by teachers with CRB police clearance. Additional supervision is supplied as required by parents to maintain a suitable student / adult balance. Any teacher used from outside the school will either be similarly cleared or supervised by on of the Theatre School staff. Qualified first aiders are available on the premises for all Theatre School activities.
The Theatre School runs during normal school term time. There is no half term break. The school newsletter will be used to announce the first and last days of term. Students are expected to attend each week. If they are unable to attend, they should inform the school the previous week if possible or, if insufficient lead in time, call the Theatre admin on either 01642 551389 or pass a message to the box office on 01642 552663 if the admin office is closed.
Students are required to remain on the premises from the time of their arrival until they are collected at the end of classes. Students expecting to be collected at the end of classes are required to wait in the bar area until their lift arrives. School policy forbids students to wait to be collected anywhere else.
Our current fees are £8.00 per week payable in advance in 6-week blocks of £48. The first week is usually paid as a one-week trial. Fees are still charged for weeks where the student has not attended. All monies are non-refundable.
Students are required to purchase at least one Theatre School polo shirt to be worn on all Theatre School occasions. In addition, students are required to wear black, rubber-soled jazz shoes for lessons. Students should also wear loose fitting trousers or shorts for lessons (no jeans or hipsters). This dress code is mandatory for all lessons.
Students will be provided with folders to store scripts, word sheets, newsletters, etc. This should be brought each week with a pencil or pen.
Annual End-of-Year show
The students of the Thursday School are required to take part in the End of Year Show, usually in springtime. You will be informed of the exact date in the School Newsletter. This will be in the teaching area for the entertainment of family and friends.
Because of the importance of rehearsals and other preparations leading up to the performance, it is imperative that your child is able to attend every Thursday in the 4 weeks prior to the show. Attendance during this period will be monitored and missing rehearsals may affect your child’s participation in the performance.
The main form of communication will be via the School Newsletter which is produced as required detailing news of term dates, arrangements for performances etc. We also maintain a register of student details including emergency contact details.
As with all schools, the Theatre School has a disciplinary policy. Students who are continually disruptive may be asked to leave the school. If the Theatre School staff agree that such students may still be able to make a positive contribution to the school, they may be placed on probation for an appropriate period in which to demonstrate their commitment to the success of the school.
The Theatre School exercises a zero tolerance policy towards bullying, and anti-social or intimidating behaviour.
At any time, students may be asked to take part in recordings, photographs, videos, etc. for either private or public circulation. As part of the registration process, you are required to sign a form giving consent to be included in such publicity.
Basic Do’s and Don’ts
Students are asked to remember:
1. Arrive in good time for registration promptly at 4.30.
2. Do not leave early without good reason to avoid disrupting work in progress.
3. Wear a Theatre School top, black, rubber soled jazz shoes and loose trousers (No jeans or hipsters).
4. Switch off mobile phones between 4.30-6.30 including breaks. Emergency calls can be made from the office telephone.
5. Do not chew gum between 4.30-6.30.
6. Do not bring visitors or spectators during teaching time unless specifically invited by a member of the teaching staff.
7. Remain on the premises from the time of arrival until collected after classes.
8. Bring drinks to cover any breaks.
Parents are asked to remember:
1. Complete the registration and permission forms.
2. Ensure students are able to attend punctually.
3. Collect students promptly at 6.30.
4. Ensure fees are paid promptly and at the beginning of the session not the end please.
- Cinderella Sales Going Through The Roof
- We Are Delighted To Announce That The Advance Sales For This Years Christmas Pantomime, Cinderella, …
- Published on: 02-Jan-2017
- New Seasons Brochure
- Our New Spring / Summer 2017 Season Brochure Is Out Now.
- Published on: 05-Dec-2016
- Do it in style!
- VIP Hospitality Lounge Tickets are now available from our box office. Click on the link to find out …
- Published on: 02-Jul-2012