- The Spirit Of Elvis
- 24th Mar 2017
- Menopause The Musical
- 25th Mar 2017
- BBC RADIO 2's Friday Night Is Music Night
- 29th Mar 2017
- MERCURY - The Ultimate Queen Tribute
- 30th Mar 2017
- ABBA Reunion
- 31st Mar 2017
- Seven Drunken Nights
- 1st Apr 2017
- TALON - The Acoustic Collection
- 2nd Apr 2017
- You've Got A Friend
- 4th Apr 2017
- The Sensational 60's Experience
- 7th Apr 2017 - 8th Apr 2017
- The Chris & Pui Show
- 9th Apr 2017
- A Salute To The 1940s
- 12th Apr 2017
- All Folk'd Up
- 13th Apr 2017
- Mr Bloom's Nursery - Live
- 22nd Apr 2017 - 23rd Apr 2017
- An Audience With Martin Kemp
- 28th Apr 2017
- Money For Nothing
- 29th Apr 2017
- Sounds Of The Glenn Miller Era
- 30th Apr 2017
- Gerry Cross The Mersey
- 4th May 2017
- Creeds Cross: The Celtic Journey
- 5th May 2017
- The Stones
- 6th May 2017
- Vox Fortura
- 8th May 2017
- King Of Pop
- 9th May 2017
- Magic Of The Beatles
- 12th May 2017
- Down At The Diner
- 13th May 2017
- The Fureys
- 14th May 2017
- Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom
- 17th May 2017 - 18th May 2017
- Forbidden Nights
- 19th May 2017
- The Carpenters Story
- 20th May 2017
- Brian Poole & The Tremeloes
- 26th May 2017
- Supersonic 70's
- 27th May 2017
- Dominic Kirwan
- 1st Jun 2017
- Back To Bacharach
- 2nd Jun 2017
- The All Star Stand Up Tour 2017
- 3rd Jun 2017
- Reach Out To Motown
- 9th Jun 2017
- A Country Night In Nashville
- 10th Jun 2017
- Mister Maker
- 11th Jun 2017
- OddSocks Romeo and Juliet
- 13th Jun 2017
- Someone Like You - The Adele Songbook
- 16th Jun 2017
- Bye Bye Baby
- 17th Jun 2017
- The Roy Orbison Story
- 22nd Jun 2017
- And Finally . . Phil Collins
- 23rd Jun 2017
- Richard and Adam
- 24th Jun 2017
- Joe Longthorne
- 25th Jun 2017
- Nadines Dance Company
- 26th Jun 2017 - 30th Jun 2017
- The Rat Pack Vegas Spectacular
- 1st Jul 2017
- The First Hippo On The Moon
- 12th Jul 2017 - 13th Jul 2017
- The Tiger Who Came To Tea
- 17th Sep 2017 - 18th Sep 2017
- Rule The World
- 23rd Sep 2017
- Formerly Of Bucks Fizz
- 28th Sep 2017
- Bay City Rollers
- 20th Oct 2017 - 21st Oct 2017
- Dick & Dom Live
- 22nd Oct 2017
- GOK WAN
- 1st Nov 2017
- Some Guys Have All The Luck
- 3rd Nov 2017
- 2nd Dec 2017 - 7th Jan 2018
- 80's Mania At Christmas
- 15th Dec 2017 - 16th Dec 2017
Our Saturday class operates between 9.30am and 2pm. The teaching day starts with physical and vocal warm up.
The teaching time is a mixture of Drama, voice work, dance and theatre skills. Some stage and technical management is also included from time to time.
There may be occasions when we vary the format, particularly when rehearsing for a show.
The teaching groups are split roughly according to age with some allowance for experience. Currently, the age ranges are 6-9, 10-11,12-13 and 14-16.
Lessons are taken by teachers with CRB police clearance. Additional supervision is supplied as required by parents to maintain a suitable student / adult balance. Any teacher used from outside the school will either be similarly cleared or supervised by a member of the Theatre School staff. Qualified first aiders are available on the premises for all Theatre School activities.
The Theatre School runs during normal school term time. There is no half term break, and one Saturday off for Easter. The school newsletter will be used to announce the first and last days of term. Students are expected to attend each week. If they are unable to attend they should inform the school the previous week if possible or, if insufficient lead in time, call the Theatre admin on either 01642 551389 or pass a message to the box office on 01642 552663 if the admin office is closed.
Students are required to remain on the premises from the time of their arrival until they are collected at the end of classes. Students expecting to be collected at the end of classes are required to wait in the bar area until their lift arrives. School policy forbids students to wait to be collected anywhere else. Please let us know if your child is due to be collected by a different adult.
Our current fees are £15.00 per week payable in advance in 4-week blocks of £60.00. The first week is usually paid as a single week trial for new students.
Fees are due on the first week of each block of 4. Please note failure to pay fees on time could jeopardise your child’s place in theatre school. Fees are still charged for weeks where the student has not attended. However, two “unpaid holiday” weeks are permitted each year by arrangement where no fees are charged. All monies are non-refundable.
Students are required to purchase at least one Theatre School polo shirt to be worn on all Theatre School occasions. In addition, students are required to wear black, rubber-soled jazz shoes for lessons and performances. Students should also wear loose fitting trousers (not hipster fit, or jeans) or shorts for lessons. This dress code is mandatory for all lessons.
Students will be provided with folders to store scripts, word sheets, newsletters, etc. This should be brought each week with a pencil or pen.
Whilst there may be open days or other outside performances, the main focus of the school year is the annual show in the Summer Term. This will use the Forum Theatre stage with professional stage crew. Rehearsals will begin in the New Year and will take place during normal teaching time. Any extra rehearsals will be by arrangement with students and parents.
The Theatre School has additional rules around attendance during this period:
Attendance is MANDATORY for the last 2 Saturdays prior to the performance weekend.
On the weekend of the performance, attendance is also mandatory all rehearsals on Saturday and Sunday.
Attendance during Summer Term will be monitored and missing rehearsal may affect your child’s participation in the performance.
On occasions, the school may be asked to offer students to take part in productions by other companies. This has included professional work for TV, music and stage productions and the Billingham Forum Theatre Pantomime. Whilst we may recommend, with parental consent, suitable students who have been with us a minimum of one full term, any agreement is between the parent / guardian of the student and the production company. The Theatre School cannot accept any responsibility or liability for work done by students with other companies.
The main form of communication will be via the School Newsletter which is produced as required detailing news of term dates, arrangements for performances etc. We also maintain a register of student details including emergency contact details.
As with all schools, the Theatre School has a disciplinary policy. Students who are continually disruptive may be asked to leave the school. If the Theatre School staff agree that that such students may still be able to make a positive contribution to the school, they may be offered probation for an appropriate period in which to demonstrate their commitment to the success of the Theatre School.
The Theatre School exercises a zero tolerance policy towards bullying, and anti-social or intimidating behaviour.
At any time, students may be asked to take part in recordings, photographs, videos, etc. for either private or public circulation. As part of the registration process you are required to sign a form giving consent to be included in such publicity.
Basic Do’s and Don’ts
Students are asked to remember:
1. Arrive in good time for registration promptly at 9:30am.
2. Do not leave early without good reason to avoid disrupting work in progress.
3. Wear a Theatre School top, black, rubber soled jazz shoes and loose trousers - no hipsters or jeans.
4. Switch off mobile phones between 9:30 and 2:00pm, including lunchtime. Emergency calls can be made from the office telephone.
5. Do not chew gum between 9:30 and 2:00pm.
6. Do not bring visitors or spectators during teaching time unless specifically invited by a member of the teaching staff.
7. Remain on the premises from the time of arrival until collected after classes.
8. Bring food and drink to cover the lunch break. Nothing heated for reasons of Health and Safety.
Parents are asked to remember:
1. Complete the registration and permission forms.
2. Ensure students are able to attend punctually.
3. Collect students from the bar area promptly at 2:00pm.
4. Ensure fees are paid promptly.
- Cinderella Sales Going Through The Roof
- We Are Delighted To Announce That The Advance Sales For This Years Christmas Pantomime, Cinderella, …
- Published on: 02-Jan-2017
- New Seasons Brochure
- Our New Spring / Summer 2017 Season Brochure Is Out Now.
- Published on: 05-Dec-2016
- Do it in style!
- VIP Hospitality Lounge Tickets are now available from our box office. Click on the link to find out …
- Published on: 02-Jul-2012